our perfectly spoiled and adorably naughty puppy crossed the 🌈 bridge this morning. we filled his day yesterday with all the things he loved most: the outdoors, starbucks, bossing people around (sorry, ducks) napping, and ice cream.
a few fun facts about bruiser bono:
- he peed on dan the first day we met him thus claiming us as his.
- he was born in michigan but i’ve lied to him his whole life and told him he was a texan.
- he was named after the movie legally blond and the band dan and i saw on our first date.
- he was put in time out A LOT at daycare and eventually kicked out because he bit a yapping dog. we don’t think he regretted it one bit.
- he rooted for the boilermakers for his dad and the real housewives for me.
- he loved eating all the things, except bananas. he hated bananas.
- he jumped into bodies of water twice and had to be saved both times. once in a frozen pond in indiana by his dad. once in our new pool by me.
- he lost the D Magazine cutest pet contest two years ago and he refused to have anything to do with the publication after.
- he broke my finger once after trying to escape his magical life and was eventually caught by the kindness of strangers and the power of lunch meat.
- if he wasn’t already spoiled enough there was a time he had two personal dog walkers and still thought his entourage could be bigger and more intimidating.
- he loved terrorizing amazon delivery guys, people who dared to walk in front of our house, and his cousins at family gatherings, both canine and human.
- he was diagnosed with cancer almost 2 years ago and he did everything he could to kick its ass.
cancer sucks. puppies rule. and we loved our boy with our whole hearts.